Monday, November 24, 2014

Trust Me, Dear Client

I'm working on a family room for a client.  The client is one of my regular realtors that hires me for all of her listings.

I think I need to come clean that I don't work like the rest of you talented designers.  Oh, how I wish I could compose one of those boards with all the furniture and accessories picked out.

Nope, can't do it.  I have to have an inspiration. So, today I stumbled upon this chair and ottoman.
Jackpot!  I'm always happy when I see trendy upholstery on a classic piece. Check out the print on this chair is awesome.  Soooo much to work from!
 Love the vivid red, blue, black and gray.
Of course, there is white or beige as a background player.
A girl's gotta have curves.  This chair and ottoman have awesome curves.

Then I saw this over-the-top-but-would-be-really-cool-painting-to-go-in-the-room. 
Anyway....I'm sad.  I've already completed three rooms for my client. (No design boards-just trust in my vision--that the both the wife and hubs always loved.)

But, the out-of-da-box chair scared her.  It was my muse for a very wonderful room.  Oh, how I wish she would trust me one more time.  The chair was only one piece in the fabulous room.  Wish I was able to make a design board to show her my inspiration played out.....but can't do it.  Cuz I really don't know until I get there.

But, it would have been some kinda wonderful.




4 comments:

  1. Out of the Box does scare people!!! I use it in my own home all the time....but most simply can't "see" it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, I KNOW you are an out-of-the box thinker! Wish I could wave a magic wand to make folks 'see it'. This chair would have been such a minor piece in the room with a sofa and other chairs, BUT, it would have great impact on the whole scope of the space.

    ReplyDelete