Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How to Stage with Fabulous Fun Fake Flowers

It is the question that is as old as time (talk about exaggeration)....

Should you use fake flowers?

These fun fake flowers were on a distant aisle, low on a shelf, suspended from a wire grid.  Shopping at Michaels, I found these awesome red itty-bitty-teensy faux flowers. They bounced and swayed. Fakes with movement? SOLD!

I brought them home and broke them down.  (Rule #1 for Fakes: don't just take 'em as they come and throw 'em in a container. Take wire cutters and break 'em down to different lengths and groupings.)

I dug into my silver stash and found this FABULOUS silver pitcher.  Look at the detail! Nope, did not pull out the Wright's and polish it.  Too much patina for you? (I am willing to polish it if you folks think I should.)

Here are the leftovers.  Hmmmmm.......what to do, what to do?


Oh!  The price for these fabulous fun fake flowers?
And! I had a 20% off coupon!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!


5 comments:

  1. Don't, I repeat, don't polish that jug!!!!

    As for the flowers - what would we do without faux flowers - they are the perfect addition to any vignette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Heather for saving me the work of polishing! Didn't realize you were into the fauxs. You, no doubt, have done some wonderful work with them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes! Michaels has a 40% coupon on regularly priced items going now! (Do they pay spokespeople?) Have a great day, Patty.

      Delete